Wednesday 27 October 2010

Its all about Kor'sarro Khan

Well after a small hiccup with my posted list (i forgot to pay for the Multi Meltas on the Attack Bikes) in which I’ve decided to drop the terminators for 2 Typhoon, I’ve finally played my 1st 2 games with the army against a Swordwind Eldar and a mixed up CSM army led by Kharn.

One thing that is apparent straight away is reserving your whole army is far riskier when outflanking than normal. Not having any redundancy built into the army where units come on is proving vital early on to get pressure on the enemy. In both games i struggled early on and my opponents managed to take early leads and manoeuvre into position. From about turn 4 though when all my units are on i start picking up the slack and my speed takes over once i can cripple there faster units.

So what does this mean for future practice, well i have to remember I’m not as hard hitting than i would like and to always remember that i have to stick at a game even when things look bad as being marines i have a inbuilt resilience that I’m not used to after playing with nids for the last 10 months.

A special mention but be given to just Kor'sarro Khan his kill tally for the 2 games looks a little like this, hit and run and furious charge are awesome :)

3 Shinning Spears
6 Fire Dragons
10 Dire Avengers
2 Plague Marines
6 Berserkers
Kharn the Betrayer
3 Standard CSM

So not bad

No comments:

Post a Comment